Late 2008 Macbook Pro Wifi Won't Turn On?

After upgrading to Mountain Lion on my backup laptop (old work laptop), the airport card wouldn't turn on.
This blog post had the fix for me. Details below:
  1. Open Network preferences. 
  2. Remove Wifi/Airport interface by selecting and pressing (-) button. 
  3. Press/click "Apply".
  4. Restart computer.
  5. Open network preferences. 
  6. Pres the (+) button under the interface list.
  7. Select "Wi-Fi" in the interface type list. Give it a name (the default is fine). Press "Create". 
  8. Press/click "Apply".
  9. Turn on Wi-Fi.
Fin.

Comments

Jane said…
this just happened to me too with my late 2008 macbook. i was skeptical because this seems like a ridiculously simplistic fix, but it totally worked! thanks for saving my day.
Unknown said…
Thank you soooo much!!