My first adult dotfiles

I have had a dotfiles repo for a long time, it was kind of a mess and required a bunch of hand editing of .bash_profile to get it to work. If you don't know, dotfiles are a set of configurations for common tools as well as command shortcuts and little helpers, especially for working in the command line that you build up and collect over time. It's nice to be able to keep them when you have a laptop change, and it's pretty common for developers to keep theirs in source control of some sort.

I recently started a new job, and found myself in desperate want of my dotfiles and not really wanting to jump through the hoops that past Jon was willing to jump through to make those things work. So I've updated them and they are in Github. They have an install script and they only source one file into .bash_profile, they are self-contained outside of that. Feel free to use them. https://github.com/jonnolen/osx-dotfiles

Comments